Is to assist parents in the education and nurturance of their children by providing experience for the development of language, motor skills, self-help skills, cognitive skills and social skills.
At KNES, we provide an enriching and vibrant atmosphere for children, 1.5 yrs to 3 yrs to grow and develop. We provide the opportunity for parents to help give their children the chance to fulfill his/ her, potential possibilities to become an independent, secure, and balanced human being.”
We will provide our youngest students with opportunities to socialize with their peers and develop the academic and social skills necessary for school, including laying the foundation for each child's reading, writing and math skills.
The most important period of life is not the age of university studies, but the first one, the period from birth to the age of six. For that is the time when a child’s intelligence itself, their greatest implement is being formed, But not only intelligence; the full totality of their personal, emotional and social development. At no other age has the child greater need of intelligent help, and any obstacle that impedes their creative work will lessen the chance they have of achieving their potential.
Statistics shows that children entering Pre-School between the age of 18 months and 3 yrs have a dramatic overall positive Personal and Cognitive advantage. They are more confident and independent and are able to develop social skills which often enhance leadership skills. They develop friendships and positive attachments which support a nourishing environment. Pre-school children are also less likely to suffer from emotional disorders and often develop stronger intellects as well as physical coordination.
The Practical Life activity in the Charlotte Preschool encourages and teaches children the correct use of everyday materials. Activities are designed and are scaled down to the child’s size so that the child can learn to complete them correctly.
Practical Life activities fall into three basic categories:
- Manipulative skills such as opening boxes, pouring, and handling books are tasks that adults would commonly do for children.
- Self-development teaches children courtesy, manners and correct social behaviour.
- Care of environment teaches children to clean up and to put away materials after the completion of an activity.
Sensorial materials are another integral part of the KNES methodology, These materials:
- Are designed to create activities with specific objectives in mind such as to isolate the senses and initiate comprehension of various concepts.
- Lay the foundation of the child’s comprehension and help the child distinguish between qualities in objects.
Creative and Physical Development
- Children are provided with activities such as music, art, swimming; which taps their imagination and develops their small and large motor skills. These activities are designed to enhance and activate a child’s imagination and confidence.
- Students are treated as unique individuals and are allowed to progress at their own pace and level of understanding with gentle guidance from caring teachers.
- If the happiness, safety, security and opportunity for success is the goal for your child then you have found the right place, to be your partner in that endeavour.